Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Guru of my heart


You loved me well
dear Guru
dear Guru of my heart
when i was caught in the net of the false
you came and pulled me away
you pointed out another shore in which to sail 
my boat
you pulled me out of rough waters when i was stuck
you washed the sorrow of separation from my soul
you blessed me with your wisdom
that came from the path of your suffering
you gave me the pointings and then left me to live
my life
you followed me back when i ran away
you brought me back to the land of the living
where brightness shines again
and non-dual consciousness can flourish

when i had forgotten my true nature
you came
and when you stepped in
this glorious truth was revealed again
because of your presence
it shined again

you loved me well dear Guru
more than my mother
and father
more than any friend or companion
because you lit the light of truth in my heart


This is why 
you have loved me well

3 comments: