Saturday, November 24, 2012

Missing Person



Missing Person, by Siddhananda June 22, 2007

A missing person
I am missing
I don't know where to find myself
No need for alarm

I am missing
Where did I go?
Back to where I came from
I guess

When I come back
Where do I come from?
Does someone walk up behind me tap me
on the shoulder and say 'I'm back'
Who comes back?
I don't know
I don't know her well anymore
For she doesn't hang out and linger home as long
She's getting bored I suppose
For I rarely listen to her whining and talk of future pleasures
She leaves home often now
I don't even bother looking for her

That troubled person
Is being well cared for by God
I don't haveto do anything about it
Who is that troubled person?
Was there such a thing?
As I said, God is taking care

I've watched her cry, bemoan losses, justify
I look on
Experience
What of it?
It doesn't blow me away
I look on

I take care of people that are dying
I clean up dead bodies
ugly, bloated and yellow
I look on
This body is the same
It won't make a very good looking corpse
Does the body haveto die for the person to die?
This person is missing much of time
but the body is still alive and doing

Now it is walking and enjoying
Ah the rich green leaves
Against a deep blue sky
The warm sunshine on the skin
And the smell of Summer in the air
Who to enjoy this? Yet there is enjoyment
to enjoy

I am here and sometimes not here at all
Yet I can't go anywhere
All takes care of itself
God is taking care

3 comments: