Sunday, November 25, 2012

Eternal Mother


What to say of you
O mother
She who creates and destroys in a single breath
Even the most precious creations turned to dust

The cloud cover of maya holding souls spellbound for lifetimes
This belongs to you also

Blacker than the darkest night
I suffer not by resting in you for all rests in you and is absorbed
by you
Those who suffer do not stop to listen, yet all beats in your heart
I need not ask you to stay with me like I would ask my dearest
friend
I need not fear that you will depart upon waking or rub my eyes
and feel like you
are a dream
I need not worry that you will die or be destroyed or be unfaithful
or fail me
for all is you
I need not worry that you will harm me for all that I called
suffering has purified once
I rejoiced in you
Dear mother
All the coming and going soundlessly moving and whirling
resting again in you
in the center
Young and old, pure and unholy
Death and rebirth
What say of these words?
when only these sounds are heard: ma, mama

I heard your laugh rolling over the hills at daybreak
The petals of the rose unfolding
Its sweet scent revealed
And the black crow with its velvet wing caws
ma, mama

2 comments: