Saturday, April 13, 2013

lover of truth...

i take this light to my breast as a lover of truth
for in this world there is no protection to find 
the boat of my journey waits on the waters of reality
where i will set out to find my soul 
that is lost to my awareness as the shadow over the moon
i will set out on this journey and see many sights
but will not look to them for my succor 
because the light is not made of other and this is not 
where i will lay my head to rest day and night 
the boat is the body that i ride to find this heart so true 
i take it as a shadow really and will not put my heart in it 
because i am not made of earth and things that die away
i will look to the sun as i journey onward 
even though i am afraid or hungry or thirsty 
i will not make these things stop my quest to the soul of all
as i move about i will be within the heart and teachings 
as i do not know what else is right...
only what has put this soul here now is what is moving 
and i am following this course to be in rightful mind 
onward i go in and out of mind and shadow
and waters that feel to swallow the me ..
and sometimes feeling so lost again and unable to be in 
what is real...
yet i go to where i must go which is onward as a one that knows not the end...
and looking always about for a bit of rest and quiet
in this dark i see a light that shows the way clearer..
on this night so very dark --
i rest wearily beneath the stars and dream of heaven and earth and 
great torrents of rain and rushing winds and jutting mountains
and ocean waves crashing and light breaking thru all about
and then i look to see the o ne that is to call me home
blessed dear i am not made of what i thought 
as this self i thought i knew is going and dissolving fast into the unknown
that is to bring awakening 
and this my dear is what is well with the soul
and all that has happened is truly a dream
as the seeker vanishes into the absolute 
the light of all is 
what love and compassion to be freed 
for what i knew as *me* before is not to show itself 
or be what is center 
oh heart of all --
true and forever present 
this *me* has never been in reality
only this that is 
not *i* or anything but this 
o ne 
eternal 
pure being...
light of all...
om

3 comments:

  1. Namaste, beautiful, moving, inspiring, heart opening. Thank you for the photo as well, it has a very calming effect when looked at. Liza

    ReplyDelete