Monday, December 12, 2016

oh Kali


i do not move when Kali cuts
how sweet is the sound of her scythe swinging
how momentary the sting
how life-filled the remains she leaves
in her wake
scented with fresh, bountiful beauty, fresh air
and stillness everlasting

oh Kali, come nearer
beat the air, roar in my ears
lay open my breast
soothe nothing any longer
for your way is my way, love
and i am blessed to be your student
and your friend
and your meal too (of ego) that you
devour wildly, not gently
oh soothe nothing
for the remains you leave in your wake
are like gold
scented with heart so full
fragrant as lilies of white
peaceful as the deepest oceans
oh Kali come nearer

oh Kali
do not say another word to me
oh Love
for i know your way so true
so kind, merciful
fear not, stay still, Bless my mind
wear me down
for i walk towards you
my days are your days filled with quietude
that sings like silent music
come nearer to me
finish your work
save me from myself




3 comments:

  1. Namaste, soul stirring message... Interesting feel to it. Literally like someone is poking at a vound. Haha! Talking about sensitivities, these writings feel alive. Thank you for keeping at it. Leading the way. Om shanti. Liza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Namaste, thank you for sharing this, absolute surrender. Beautiful vivid description of Kali cutting. OM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. namaste, thank you for the comment... surrender is sweet when it finally begins to bloom... om shanti

      Delete