Sunday, June 25, 2017

hardly a single prayer


as the sadhu sits in the cave 
waiting for the moment 
to spark the heart on fire with silence 
oh world 
i sit like this in the heart of cave 
without covers 
oh god 
i lay down by the fire here 
and have hardly a single prayer left in me 
to say 
come to me dear light and give all you can 
to this silence that is forever here 
seek me out and lay your hands on me 
with love 
flower me with sweetness like the garden of 
joy that dances in the spring 
pray for me with all your heart like the monks, 
the munis, the sadhus and the nuns 
embrace me tender as the first love that finds 
its way into my breast 
and fills me with something new that brings
laughter and lightness
rain your mercy on me like shiva, kali, lakshmi
and buddha 
work with me to allow me to be your servant 
and then take me in lovingly as a mother would 
her child and relieve all suffering 
yes i have hardly a single prayer left to ask something 
of you
as i have found that stillness quiets all down and 
takes all away that came forward to be heard and felt 
so wearisome at times

yes, hardly a single prayer
as silence takes it all away 
and leaves something so much deeper 
richer and worthy of all the efforts
to come into it


2 comments: